Traditional Madeleine recipes call for butter, flour, eggs, and sugar. Here, I have replaced the melted butter with coconut oil and added coconut flakes to the batter for a tropical twist. An elegant, light treat that is perfect with after-dinner coffee or tea!
* 1/2 cup coconut oil
* 4 eggs
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2/3 cup sugar
* 1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
* 1 cup sifted flour
* 1 cup coconut flakes
* confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Butter and flour madeleine pan*.
3. Beat eggs, salt and sugar until thick, about 8 minutes.
4. Add almond extract.
5. Rapidly but gently fold in flour.
6. Fold in coconut oil and flakes, making certain oil
does not settle to the bottom.
7. Spoon mixture into prepared pans and bake until lightly
browned, about 10 minutes.
8. Transport madeleines from pan to wire racks and lightly dust with confectioner’s
Makes: about 24 Madeleines.
*I used a silicone madeleine pan and did not need to butter and flour it.