My wife and I really enjoy living in Pasadena (California). We live in the Playhouse District, which allows us to walk to some great shopping, eating and diverse entertainment. We see just about every production at the Pasadena Playhouse (next up: The Heiress, starring Richard Chamberlain, Heather Thom, and Julia Duffy).
One of our fun new discoveries is Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana, for great apres theatre ”pizza parties”! We usually order a Caprese salad, a Margherita pizza, and a Nutella pizza for dessert! This is just an at-home-fast-and-dirty version of the fine dessert pizza we get there, but it works in a pinch!
* Boboli Pizza Crust (ready-made, any size you want – I used 2 mini 8″ crusts)
* Nutella spread
* 1 banana, sliced into rounds
* 1/4 cup almond slivers
* confectioner’s sugar (for light dusting of finished pizza)
* 1/4 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
1. Place pizza crust on cookie sheet or pizza stone and brush melted butter over surface.
2. Spread Nutella generously over surface of pizza crust, leaving a small border.
3. Place banana slices all over pizza, then sprinkle almond slices next.
4. Place on middle rack of oven for 8-10 mins, checking occasionally.
5. Remove from oven and lighly dust entire pizza with confectioner’s sugar.
6. Slice and serve!
Settebello, of course, uses fresh, wholesome pizza dough for all of their creations. You can use any type of dough you have access to (homemade, frozen, Boboli, etc.). As with most of my “cooking”, I opt for as many quick and easy pantry items as possible. Tops of banana slices can also be lightly brushed with butter before baking pizza.