These wonderful Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are yet another at-home-fast-and-dirty version of a favorite restaurant treat. Stacked (“Food Well Built”) is a California-based iPad-driven restaurant chain serving hamburgers, pizzas, salads, soups, sausages, and a large array of sides and desserts. Even though selection, ordering and payment are all done via touchscreen at your table, these restaurants do not lack in customer service from their wait staff. When there, I always leave room for dessert – specifically, their Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwich. I have modeled my home version after their amazing specimens!
* 1 17.5-oz. pkg. Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie mix, prepared
* 1/2 – 1 cup Reese’s Pieces candies
* your favorite ice cream (I used Breyers Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream)
1. Add Reese’s Pieces candies to prepared cookie dough and combine.
2. Bake cookies according to package directions and allow to cool.
3. Place softened ice cream between two cookies to form ice cream sandwiches.
4. Freeze ice cream sandwiches until ready to serve.
Serves: Betty Crocker mix yields 24 large cookies, which would make 12 large sandwiches.
Using your favorite “from scratch” peanut butter cookie recipe could only improve these lovelies! As usual, if it comes in a mix/can/box/tube, I will use it! At the last minute, I decided to pack the softened ice cream into a silicon muffin pan and re-freeze it. This made for consistent size and thickness but is not really necessary.