This bean salad recipe has been around for many years. It is a great dish for picnics, potlucks and parties. It is also a great dish to have in the refrigerator for a healthier snack or quick lunch. It can easily be made in large batches. If it’s been a while since you’ve had this, give it another try!
* 1 15-oz. can blackeyed peas, rinsed and drained
* 1 15-oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 15-oz. can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
* 1 medium green bell pepper, finely diced
* 1/2 cup green onion, cut into small rounds
* 1-2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
* 4-6 pickled jalapeno slices, finely chopped (optional)
* 1 4-oz. jar pimiento, chopped
* 8 oz. Zesty Italian Dressing
* several shakes hot sauce (optional)
1. Combine all beans with corn in large bowl.
2. Add green pepper, pimiento, green onion, tomato, and jalapeno slices (optional) and gently stir in.
3. Add Italian Dressing, hot sauce (optional), and salt and pepper to bowl and gently mix again. Refrigerate until serving.
For a lower calorie bean salad, use Fat Free Zesty Italian dressing. Flavors combine wonderfully when allowed to refrigerate overnight before serving. Bean mixture will soak up the dressing as it marinates, so feel free to add more dressing to the mix. Also, add anything to the mix that sounds good to you. If you have an extra bell pepper, tomato, or celery, mix it in. I will often add a small can of green chopped chilies, if I have one in the pantry.